- Plant a tree. One well-placed tree can reduce 25% of cooling costs.
- When planting trees, place leafy shade tree to the south and west, and evergreens to the north.
- Use cellular shades for your home or office.
- A ceiling fan should blow down in the winter and up in the summer.
- Set your ceiling fan to on rather than auto.
- Make sure your window air conditioner is proper size.
- Vacumm registers and vents regurlary.
- Raise the thermostat to about 78-80 degrees when you go to bed or leave the house.
- If your home can't accomodate central air conditioning, try a whole-house attic fan.
- During the winter, remove window air conditioning and seal the windows with caulk and weathering strips.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Ways to Save Energy #2
Here are some more ways to save energy: