Try these simple tips to save on your heating and energy consumption
1. Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
2. Turn off your computer monitor if you aren't using it or won't be for at least 10 miniutes.
3. Set your thermostat 3 degrees cooler in the winter and 3 degrees hotter in the summer.
4. When you go on vacation, unplug all computers and any other electronics.
5. Keep the temperature cooler during the night.
Monday, December 10, 2007
To those of you who are disappointed with Al Gore winning the Nobel Peace Prize, ask yourselves these questions. Right now are you more aware about what is happening to the environment than you have ever been? Do you think that Al Gore has helped advertise this information? He may set a "do as I say not as I do example," but give the man some credit for stating what he believes is important.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Governor Bill Ritter's goal is to reduce Colorado's greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050. Who knows if it will be achieved, but even if we can lower the emissions by only a small amount, it would be better than what's happening now. Here are some suggestions on how everyone can get involved: carpool, drive a hybrid, use compact florescent light bulbs, use low flow toilets and showers, and recycle. No one has to go Al Gore, but if everyone can chip in and do his part, it would significantly reduce the greenhouse gas emissions. The first deadline is 20% by 2020. This plan may seem ambitious, but it is achievable.