Friday, April 15, 2011
The building would produce as much energy As it uses in one year. The building will maintain its historic qualities and it will install the newest technologies.
The building will install energy saving geothermal heating and cooling system and solar panels to meet the energy needs of the building. They will also install state of the art lights and wireless controllers, along with windows with solar control film that control how much sun is needed.
Any of the excess energy that is created will be sent to grand junctions electrical grid.
Additional information from: http://coloradoenergynews.com/2011/03/grand-junction-site-of-countrys-first-net-zero-energy-historic-building/
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
ReDirect Guide http://www.peacejam.org/
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Grab a wrench and fix leacy foucets.
- Cover lawn with shrubs, dirt, and rocks so you don't waste water.
- When you doing laundry, match the water level to the size to the load.
- Teach your children to turn off faucet tightly.
- Remember to check sprinkler valves periodically. Keep sprinkler heads in good shape.