these are the nine ways to make your home more energy efficient.
1. make sure your insulation is propely installed. this makes it easier for the house to heat up.
2. check your window and install new ones if cracks or leaks. this helps you save 7 to 20 percent of your homes heat.
3. plant trees and landscaping that will keep your house cool in the summer.
4. replace an old furnace with a new more efficient system.
5. improve the efficiency of your hot water system.
6. replace old lightbulbs with new more efficient ones.
7. unplug used items such as an old refrigerator
8. take advantage of new tax incentives to inprove your home.
9. bring in a professional to check for energy wasting items.