- When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing. Fill two sinks with water one for washing and one with rinse water.
- Consider upgrading your refrigrators, air-conditioning, and ice-makers with air-cooled applainces for significant water savings.
- Adjust spinklers so grass is hit not other things like sidewalk or house.
- Use washer and dishwater when they are full. That can save 1,000 gallons a year.
- Choose shrubs and groundcovers instead of turf for hard to reach places such of steep slopes and isolated strips.
- Put covers on your pools or spas to check for pump links.
- Use garbage disposal wisely so you don't waste water.
- Plant in fall when conditions are cooler and rainfull is more plenty.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Water Consveration Tips #1
Here are some tips to save water: