- Look for the Energy Star label when buying appliances.
- Use electric pans or toaster ovens when cooking small amounts of food instead of oven or microwave.
- Fruits and vegatables take less time to cook when they are in smaller peices.
- Foods cook faster and use less energy when they have a lid on them.
- Preheat the oven only when the recipe calls for it. Boilers do not need preheating.
- Save energy by cooking an extra dish or cooking a whole meal in the oven.
- Let hot foods cool down before putting them in the freezer or refridgerator. They work harder and longer having to cool down hot foods.