- Space heating and cooling accounts for about 45% of your utility bill and this offers the greatest opportunity to save on energy costs.
- Adjust thermostat in small degree changes.
- If your home is heated electrically and you live in a moderate climate like Southern California, then consider installing a heat pump to save 30 to 40 percent on heating costs.
- Cranking up the thermostat on a heat pump system may turn on the back-up resistance heating strips and adding greatly to your electical bill.
- Installing a progammable thermostat that will automatically adjust the temperature according to your schedule and will pay itself in about a year.
- Changing your furnace filter once a month can save energy.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Here are some more ways to save energy: Heating and Cooling