- Use safety plugs on unused outlets. These are prime places for outside air to leak into your home
- Hire an enviromental consultant to asses your residence for hazards.
- If your home has a large, single-paned picture window, use heavy draperies during the winter to help hold back cold air.
- Reflective window film can help reduce heat gain during the summer, and it will keep furniture and carpert from fading.
- Check window panes to see if they have new glaze. If the glass the loose, replace the putty holding the pane in place.
- If drafts sneak in under exterior doors, replace the threshold.