- Monitor your water bill often. An unusaully high use can help you discover leaks.
- Water your lawns when temperatures are cooler so less evaporation happens and more water goes into the grass.
- Wash fruits and vegatables in a pan instead of running water.
- Spread organic mulch around plants so they retain water moisture and that saves water.
- Use broom instead of hose to clean your driveway.
- Replace water head with a water efficient water head.
- Collect water after washing fruits and vegatables and use it to water plants.
- If water runs off your lawn really easy, split watering period into two, short watering periods.
- Be sure to check outdoor leaks that are unnoticable.
- If you have an automatically water filling device, check for the devices to have leaks.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Water Conservation #2
Here are some more tips to save water: