Here are some simple tips for saving energy in any everyday situation:
- Use recharble batteries. This will help you save energy and money: rechagable batteries last twice as long and disposibles and you won't need to by as many batteries this way.
- Use a glass or mug rather than a paper or plastic disposable cup. This will help the environment with less paper and plastic pollution.
- Only print what you really need to. Copy and paste information from websites to word documents and delete anything you don't need, and your trash won't pile up as fast.
- Take your lunch to work in a reuseable container to avoid throwing too much away. Also, buy a regular lunch box or carrier to avoid wasting too much money on paper bag.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room, even if you will be right back. Even saving a little energy helps and sometimes you might forget and waste more energy than you think.
For more information and great green tips, visit: http://www.dom.com/about/conservation/daily-tips.jsp