- Use safety in all unused outlets.
- Hire an enviromental consultant to asses your residence for hazards.
- If your home has a large, single-paned picture window, use heavy draperies during the winter to help hold back cold air.
- Reflective window film can help reduce heat gain during the summer, and it will keep furniture and carpet from fading.
- Check window to see if they need new glazing. If the glass is loose, replace the putty holder holding the pane in place.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Ways to Save Energy #3
Here some ways to save energy: