Thursday, March 20, 2008

Global Warming

by Rachael



Everyone always asks about opinions on global warming. Yes, they are only opinions but some can be powerful. My answer is always that I agree with the fact that the earth is heating up but I don't believe it is man-made. Then the problem comes to if I have sources to back my opinion and I have finally found a great site that talks about all my sights on the matter. It not only talks about how this isn't the warmest the earth has been but it also talks about what the scientist used to test their thoughts such as using tree ring and other animals. They agree that the earth is naturally heating up. To check out this web site go to http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57605

1 comment:

Sue Mitchell said...

Rachael, thank you for that link. I do happen to believe humans are at least partly responsible for the changing climate, but I would be happy to be proved wrong about that! I haven't read the article yet, but I certainly will do so.

I just wanted to make the point, however, that converting to renewable energy sources will benefit us in many ways, even if the climate change connection proves false. Burning fossil fuels causes air pollution. It also requires that we either damage our own land or rely on other countries for our energy. It also sets up the consumer to be at the economic mercy of oil companies, whereas if you own your own solar panels, for example, you have a reliable source of energy at a predictable cost, for at least 25 years.

To me it makes sense in so many ways to use clean, renewable energy sources, even if our carbon emissions aren't causing global climate disruption.

Sue Mitchell
Grand Junction, CO